Support worker - Part-Time
Job Category: Support Worker
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: Southampton
Based in the Southampton and New Forest Area, we are looking to recruit new staff members to our team.
The position is working 30 hours per week, on a 3-week rota (plus 2 sleep-ins per week) - with a rate of pay of £23,140 per year. Overtime is also available!
The standard of care can make a significant difference to the quality of people's lives so it's no surprise that we are seeking genuinely caring people to join our team. If you have a passion to help others we are looking for motivated, honest and reliable staff to support both adults and young people with their daily needs.
Responsibilities and Duties Main Duties:
Your duties will be varied, and no two days will be the same. You will be providing support for day to day living for 16-18 year olds, such as social activities, sports and hobbies, employment, holidays etc. along with support with general household duties such as cooking, cleaning and money management. There is no personal care element required for this position. Your rota will include sleep ins and you will be required to work every third weekend.
Qualifications and Skills:
We at Progression Care expect all the team to share our vision to ensure that every moment has the potential for the people we support to teach new skills and to achieve their goals.
Key Requirements Support Workers:
- Minimum 1-year experience with working with vulnerable young people.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills - Be caring and friendly
- Have 2 professional references and a character reference
- Be prepared to go through the necessary personal background checks
- Undertake online application
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Willingness to undergo necessary training
- Full driving licence with a vehicle and business insurance would be a bonus
- 28 days holiday pay (pro rota if part-time)
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Rewarding job satisfaction
- Free enhanced DBS* (Terms Apply)
- Free induction training *(Terms apply)
- Staff development - ongoing specialist training, Health & Social care qualifications