Care Assistant - Bank
Job Category: Care Assistant
Job Type: Bank
Job Location: Romsey
Progression Care Ltd are recruiting for our new venture into Domiciliary Care.
We are looking for dedicated, hardworking and passionate individuals to join our team and work with our service users within their home. The area we currently recruiting for is Romsey/North Baddesley working either mornings, afternoon or just weekends.
The pay rate is £11.50 p/h or £12 p/h at weekends.
About the job
You will be visiting our service users homes and helping them out with the areas they need support in which would be things like morning and evening routines, supporting them with shopping, activity support and potentially personal care. We would expect staff to have a caring nature and to help promote their wishes and goals.
Key requirements for this position
- To be a driver and have business insurance (essential)
- Be caring, friendly and approachable
- Minimum 1 year experience with working with vulnerable adults (desirable)
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Have 2 professional references and a character reference
- Be prepared to go through the necessary personal background checks
- Undertake online application
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Willingness to undergo necessary training
What we offer
- Enhanced pay at weekends and bank holidays
- Refer a friend scheme - voucher of your choice worth up to £100
- Free Enhanced DBS & update service
- Paid Mileage - 45p per mile, plus paid during travel time.
- Full free training provided - on completion you will receive the Care Certificate
- Full paid shadow shift
- NVQ Level 3 & 5 in Health & Social Care provided if you wish to do so
- Blue Light Card
- Contributory Pension
- Enhanced Bank Holiday rates
- Access to full PPE